We’ve all thought about what it would be like to have the title of special agent for the FBI. The lure happens every time we watch an exciting movie or read a book that features the FBI.
Leadership abilities are essential; then add courage, stamina, intelligence, and patriotism.
But what are the real requirements? Look and see if you can begin the rigorous training.
1. I am a US citizen.
2. I am between the ages of 24 and 37.
3. I have not been convicted of a felony.
4. I don’t use drugs. The FBI also doesn’t want those who fail a urinalysis drug test. Check online for specifics.
5. I have paid my student loan according to the agreement.
6. If I’m a guy, I registered for the Selective Service when I turned eighteen.
7. I have not devised a scheme to overthrow the US government.
8. I have paid any court-ordered child support.
9. I pay taxes, not evade them.
10. I can pass top security clearance.
Congratulations! If the above applies to you, move on to see if you can be part of the FBI’s selection process!
1. I possess a four-year college degree.
2. I am in great physical condition.
3. I have skills that would enhance my career in the FBI.
4. I am mentally and physically prepared for 13–20 weeks of academic and tactical training at the FBI Academy.
If you’re interested in pursuing further, this site offers more information.
I hope your book club has enjoyed this exercise. If you have any questions regarding the characters in the FBI Task Force series, please reach out to DiAnn online; she would love to hear from you!
What do you think? Do you have what it takes to be in the FBI?